This slide tutorial focuses on using SELECT in SPARQL queries, but also includes other basic operators. Several examples are provided which include the RDF data being queried, the SPARQL query itself, and the result table. This is followed by quiz questions which ask the user to query DBpedia's SPARQL endpoint. The answers to the question (in the form of completed SPARQL queries) are included.
Keywords: SPARQL, DBpedia
Author: Kim, Seonghun
Publisher: Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)
Date created: 2016-11-22 05:00:00.000
Time required: P20M
Educational use: instruction
Educational audience: teacher-educationSpecialist
Interactivity type: mixed
- Accesses DBPedia's SNORQL/SPARQL endpoint and issues simple queries.
- Uses FILTER to formulates queries that eliminate solutions from a result set.
- Uses ORDER BY to define ordering conditions by variable, function call, or expression.
- Uses the SELECT clause to identify the variables to appear in a table of query results.
- Uses variables in SELECT and WHERE clauses to yield a table of results.